2017 KGSP (GKS - Global Korea Scholarship) Graduate Program. If you recommend or encourage one (1) eligible candidate to apply to Pai Chai University, we would recommend a scholar to the Korean Government (NIIED - National Institution for International Education, www.studyinkorea.go.kr OR www.niied.go.kr) for a full scholarship opportunity in master’s or doctoral program following the Korean language courses.
1. Scholarship program: 1 year of Korean language program + 2 years of Master’s or 3 years of Doctoral program
2. Amount of scholarship (approx. US$1=1,200KRW)
- 100% tuition fee (Korean language courses and a graduate degree program) waive, round trip air fare
- Living expenses (monthly allowance): 900,000KRW (approx. US$750) per month
- Research allowance (US$175~200), settlement allowance (US$167), dissertation printing costs (US$416~667), medical insurance (US$17 per month), degree completion grants (US$167) and etc.
3. Qualifications & required documents: [Attachment]
- [Very important] Please thoroughly review the attached Admission Guidelines.
- Applicants must have a grade point average (G.P.A.) higher than 80% (grades/marks/score) from the previously attended institution. Considering high competitions among applicants, we hope you can recommend an applicant who holds over 90% of his/her grade point average (G.P.A.) for better chances.
4. How to Apply: You must choose only 1 (one) method from either option A or B.
- Option A: Sending application documents to Pai Chai University in Korea.
* Application period at PCU: February 3th (Fri) ~ March 17th (Fri), 2017
- Option B: Sending application materials to the nearby Korean embassy (or consulate) in/from your country.
- NIIED selection committee will only choose the successful candidates.
- Selection Schedule in 2017
* Announcement for the Results of the 2nd Selection (NIIED): April 20th ~21st (posted on GKS websites: www.studyinkorea.go.kr)
* Admission Procedures for the Korean Embassies Track: May 4th~June 2nd
* Announcement for Final Successful Candidates: June 20th (GKS websites: www.studyinkorea.go.kr )
* Invitation Letters: June 20th~30th
* Visa Application: July 3rd~31st and Air ticket reservation: July 10th ~August 11th
* Entry into Korea: August 21st~ 23rd
* NIIED Orientation: August 28th~30th
* Korean Language Course: September 1st, 2017(TBA)